August 5: Late fee applied.
August 7: National Night Out. Come meet Nixa police officers and firefighters. Say hey to the neighbors. Bask in the feeling of community. There’s swimming, refreshments, games, prizes, much more. Family friend. 6-8 p.m., The X Center, 701 N. Taylor Way. Free.
August 10: Second late fee applied.
August 14: First day of school in Nixa. Hooray! Congrats, parents! You have successfully survived another summer.
August 18: Star Wars: The Last Jedi. It’s part of the Movies in the Park series presented by the Massengale Group. All movies begin at dusk. Please bring lawn chairs or blankets. Concessions available for purchase. All movies dependent on weather. No smoking, no alcohol. The X Center, 701 N. Taylor Way. Free.
August 18: Nixa Next. Be a voice for Nixa’s future. If you’re 17-29 years old and you’ve got ideas about how to make Nixa a better place, this is your big chance. Speak up. Help make history. Mayor Brian Steele is buying lunch. Got a better offer on this Saturday? Didn’t think so. Join the panel discussion. Change the world. 11:45-1:15 p.m., Bud and Walt’s Pizza and Pasta House, 701 N McCroskey St.
TASTY AFTERSCHOOL SNACK!
- 1 (12-oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt (optional)
- garlic salt (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, if using.
- Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy.
- Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.
It’s the place to go every day for property updates and community events. Click here to follow us.
If you have an emergency involving air, heat, or a major water leak, please call (417) 864-6303 immediately. For all other repairs and concerns, please log in to your Rent Café account to submit a request for service.