May 11-12: Sucker Days. It started in 1957. Now it’s an annual tradition. Fish fry, kids activities, and seriously, you get bragging rights with all your out-of-state friends. On Main Street between Missouri 14 and South Street. 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
May 12: The Emoji Movie. It’s Movie in the Park night at the X-Center, 701 N. Taylor 11111 Way. Presented by the Massengale Group. Begins at dusk and it’s free. Bring lawn chairs or blankets. Concessions available for purchase. No smoking, no alcohol.
May 13: Mother’s Day, all day. Graduation Day, 5:30 p.m. Celebrate, y’all.
May 19: Spring Fling at The Farm. Free admission and plenty of parking. Family fun with 100 vendors. Antiques, direct sales, crafters, and more. Ferrier’s Unlimited, 6325 E. U.S. 60, Rogersville. More info: (417) 860-7647.
May 28: Memorial Day. Remembering those who died while serving in the country’s armed forces.
If you have an emergency involving air, heat, or a major water leak, please call (417) 864-6303 immediately. For all other repairs and concerns, please log in to your Rent Cafe account to submit a request for service.
Please notify our office if you have changed your telephone number, job, car, etc. It is important that we have a phone number to contact you in case of an emergency.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
It’s the place to go every day for property updates and community events. Follow us here.
FRESH RECIPE FOR SPRING: PORK STIR FRY WITH SNOW PEAS
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 8 oz. pork tenderloin, cut into pieces
- 1 /2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 1 /2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups snow peas, diagonally sliced
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked brown rice
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- Heat canola oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl. Add bell pepper; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add pork, soy sauce mixture, snow peas to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Heat rice. Divide among 4 bowls; top with the pork mixture and sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges.