KEEPING RESOLUTIONS IN THE NEW YEAR
1. Write your resolutions on paper and tape it to a place where you will see it daily
2. Mark your calendar. Set deadlines as you tackle each step towards reaching your goal.
3. Start as soon as possible. Purchase the necessary equipment or literature to help you keep/meet your resolution.
4. Find a role model. Is there someone you know who has succeeded in fulfilling an ambition similar to yours? Let that person be a reminder that it is possible to achieve your goal.
5. Check your progress regularly and give yourself an occasional reward for your efforts. Make sure the reward isn’t contrary to your resolution; celebrate a cigarette-free month with a weekend trip, or a new outfit, not a cigarette!
6. Inform your friends and family of your goals, and recruit them to regularly remind and support you in your endeavors.
Tip: Don’t sweat the setbacks; persistence is the key.